Friday, August 21, 2009

It's happened!!

It was just a matter of time before the world was going to have to take notice of another Barbadian athlete and yesterday ( August 20) it happened.

OUR own Ryan.M.Brathwaite,aka French won the Men's 110m hurdles final at the 2009 IAAF World Championships in Berlin,Germany in a new national record of 13.14secs.

It was the culmination of a long and relatively successful year for Ryan both on the collegiate and European outdoor circuit.

Sharing in the joy in Berlin was head coach of the Barbados team Alwyn Babb. When asked how he felt in seeing a dream come true,I was told "I was so nervous I alsmost didn't watch the semifinals.This is now the third we have and I want one more!"

Later when we had another conversation it was apparent that this win was just another event in the life of an outstanding coach.

"How do you really feel?"

" You know me.I aint feel na way. I am glad for him.haha."

CONGRATULATIONS to Babb and Ryan.M aka Frenchydan. As our former president would always say "BUP BUP!!"

No comments: